Monday, March 19, 2012

gamma knife

Today is day one out of the three day trip Jacob is going on. I was pretty upset that I wasn't able to join them, but I'm trying to be positive and take this time for myself. Jacob & co. left early this morning, but I was able to sleep in (which was much needed after an especially rousing game of hockey, a drinking game I learned last night). Lesli and I hiked House Mountain in the afternoon. It was my first time. The hike was pretty steep in some areas, but the view was lovely and the weather was nice. My only complaint was some pretty nasty mud! Apparently it rained this morning, unbeknownst to us. Afterwards I took a therapeutic shower and recharged to some 30 Rock. When I felt up to it, I got dressed and ventured to Barnes & Nobles, where I read Bust Magazine and sipped on a green tea frappuccino. I used to do this every week or so my sophomore year of college. I felt awkward and sad, and usually preferred to be alone. This was one of my favorite activities during this time, and I have to admit I still quite enjoy it. Afterwards, I hopped over to Target and bought myself some girly things, new bras and nail polish. This evening I have been bedridden, with the help of some chicken parmesan and George Killian's (also, netflix). All in all, a very good day, by myself.

That being said: I really can't wait for Jacob to be home. The weirdest thing is not having someone to tell all this to. Hey, I hiked a mountain today! I slipped on the only level ground during the whole hike and dinged up my shin, check this sweet bruise! Look at my new cute bra! Etc. And now I will probably fall asleep alone to Futurama. I miss his company, but I'm not going to squander all this time with myself. I've got things to do!

Here's to another good day tomorrow.

P.S. Sunday was spectacular as well: Brunch, bloody mary's, new backpack, new yellow satchel, new bathing suit, new dress, bbq, green bean casserole, and the aforementioned game of hockey. It's really beginning to feel like summer, even though its only March.



Check out how adorable my laptop is now!



Also, my beautiful rat child Tamara.

No comments:

Post a Comment